Town Clerk’s Office will be closed Thursday, Oct. 3, 2019.
Link to Hancock Road Sand Bid Prospectus: HancockProspectusforSand7-19
ATTENTION TO ALL TOWN OF HANCOCK
SPECIAL WEIGHT PERMIT HOLDERS
THE TEXAS FALLS ROAD HAS TWO BRIDGES THAT ARE
CURRENTLY IN USE.
Bridge #7, which is the second bridge you will cross when
traveling the Texas falls Road. The Ratings are as follows.
1) 3 axle truck at a posting level of service= 13 tons
2) 4 axle truck at a posting level of service= 14 tons
3) 5 axle truck at a posting level of service= 23tons
4) 6 axle semi-truck at an operating posting level of service= 26tons *operating is rare,
single, or occasional movement across the bridge
Bridge #8, which is the first bridge you will cross as you enter
Texas Falls Road. The ratings are as follows.
1) 3 axle truck at a posting level of service= 30tons
2) 4 axle truck at a posting level of service= 30 tons
3) 5 axle semi-truck at a posting level of service= 51tons
4) 6 axle semi-truck at an operating posting level of service= 57tons *operating is rare, single, or occasional movement across the bridge
All class three Town Roads are posted at 24,000 pounds and require a special weight permit.
When these permits are issued a Restrictions list is issued, the restriction listed above is in addition to that list. There will be signage posted at these brides.
The Hancock Select Board Dated: July 16, 2019
Town Clerk Hours
Monday 2pm – 5pm
Tuesday 9am – 2pm
Thursday 9am – Noon
NOTE: The Town Clerk’s Oiffce will be closed Thursday, Aug. 8 from 9AM-10:30AM for training
Located in the heart of the Green Mountains at the headwaters of the White River, Hancock is a gateway to the wilderness. Eighty-two percent of Hancock’s land belongs to the Green Mountain National Forest, and Hancock is home to outdoor adventures galore. With the smallest population in the White River Valley, Hancock is home to a small, close community. Conveniently located along Route 100, about halfway between Killington and the Mad River Valley, Hancock offers many services for travelers and residents.